Saturday, May 7, 2016

8:13 AM - Sunday Morning


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
Yes, I know I should say it to her, which I already have. Just about half an hour ago.
She called me to awake me up, making sure I was okay. Since last weekend was a mess for me. She is just being a mother. And I love her for that. It isn't mother's day back home yet, but I couldn't contain myself, since she will most like be asleep, and working when it is mother's day there. Seeing her at work, and her happily showing all her coworkers who I am...I couldn't help but smile.
Yes it was early in the morning, and nothing is more annoying than having to answer a call on a day you planned to sleep in, and to allow others to see your "Just woken up" face. But she means well, and hearing her voice go on and on about me made me feel all warm inside.
I miss my mommy so much. I cannot express how happy I am to know she is coming in a couple of weeks.
She is one of the strongest people I know. Everything she does, she does it with the grace of a Queen. She was the odd one in her family, still is. She ended up in the states without planning, her love story with my dad is something that seems to be ripped right out of a romance book.
She is the only woman I know who can dust herself right off, feel the pain of life, smile and carry on as if nothing has happened, and not close her heart off to anyone.
She and I may have fought when I was a teenager, I've said hurtful things to her. I find her annoying, and I know she finds me annoying. We get on each other's last nerve, and when I think she will just stop caring about me (because she always says that) she is right there when I need her.
I am not close to my dad. But with my mom. She knows everything about me. All those dark, sad things, the happy silly things. Everything. I realize, everyone thinks their mother is the best in the world.
And they have every right to do so.
I am thankful I get to tell my mom that I love her every morning, and tell her how much she means to me every night, despite being on the other side of the world.
I am thankful she is my mother. After all I was an unplanned child, she could have gotten rid of me, and she didn't. She didn't treat me any differently than she did with my older sister. She loved me all the same, even if I made my parents life hard by being born during that certain time.
I am thankful she hasn't ever given up on me. 
I am thankful that she doesn't care what I do, as long as I am healthy and happy.
I am thankful she is my best friend, and I can go to her for anything.
I love you mommy. You are the heroine in my book of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment