Thursday, May 12, 2016

6:01 PM - Thursday Evening (Home)


Success! Talked to Apale without crying.
She ended up talking to me about it because it is a problem with a lot of students right now.
And she said she will do the evaluation paper, but not sign off until last minute so SHE can do the signatures since the hospital wants an instructor.
Which, meant I needed my notebook, and PCR forms...which I didn't have, and I told her to wait in the office while I go get it. She was shocked that I was willing to go out in the heat and go home and hurry back before my next class. It left me with only 30 minutes. I made it back within 15 minutes. But there were people ahead of me, because they were doing theirs. Ember was completely shocked because when I left she was writing, and when I came back she thought she would be done. And Tony asked what took me so long, and I laughed because he knows where I live, and I told him I needed to trick my goat, so I got him food. Which is true. My cousin didn't get him lunch, so thankfully I had went back and got him food. 
Apale was so confused. I forgot I never told her about my pet goat. And she asked if I ran or road a tricycle. Which made me laugh. My knee is still in awful pain from the constant popping Tuesday. So I wouldn't run on it, and at that time of day, no tricycles would be driving around where I live. So I walked. She asked where I lived and I told her. The look on her face! She asked how I made it back in 15 minutes. I stared at her and said, "I can kick my walking into high gear if need to be."
She didn't know what I meant, and I explained to her I use to speed walk for my country's track and field, so walking to my apartment and back would not take me a long time. Walking normal speed, it would be half an hour total. 15 minutes to the office, and 15 minutes back. Walking speed when I go to class in the morning, usually about 8 minutes, because it is on the third floor, so no going up or down the building. Walking speed when I am late, usually 5 minutes flat. -laughs-
Even though it was already time, she quickly told everyone I am the last one, doesn't matter if I had just came, she didn't want my walking to be a waste. Which I had told her it wasn't a problem. I had done it before, and sure to do it again because I always leave something at home, or someone needs something and they ask to borrow from me since I am closer or because I can get it faster.
Which is fine with me. I like walking. 
Ember FINALLY took her midterm, and she took over my phone after I talked to him today.
She was waiting eagerly for my conversation with him to be over. She likes to go on instagram to talk to her guy friends. She has a lot of them, and she misses going on her phone. She knows she shouldn't "annoy" me about going online by my phone, but I keep telling her it is fine. She waits until I am done, and gives it back when I want it. But she feels bad because it has been two weeks of using my phone and me spending more and more on data than I usually do. So she wants to get me a small gift, again, for not getting mad at her.
It isn't a problem. She usually just makes me look...erm, stalk, guys she finds hot with her. She likes showing me things on her facebook or her instagram. So I don't mind much. 
I am just glad she and I are getting along this well. Though she still thinks it is because I pity her. I don't.  I like being her friend, though I am sure if she was her high school self, that would be different.
She also did my eyes during informatics. She, like everyone else here, loves my eyes because they are brown, and not dark brown like they are use to seeing here. So when she uses black on my waterlines it pops my eyes out into a golden-ish color. Which is what most people here like. I know Andrew said it is enchanting to look at. And even Gerald said that it is amazing because it is hard to stop looking at the color. -laughs- Nice to know if it comes down to it, I can trap people with my brown eyes.
Ember and Sam can't understand how my lashes end up looking like falsies after using only mascara, not the thick overly done falsies, just the long falsies for every day usage. Ember loves how they come out. We made Sam put on lipstick, pink lipstick, because she kept complaining how she isn't pretty compared to us. Pink works on her. Ember asked what color for lipstick I like using, I told her "either bright red, or a dark color." She laughed because she figured I would say that. 

OH!!! Health education was too much.
Everyone thinks I am secretly sexually active because I kept jumping in asking questions, and questioning what they would say, of course backing it up with "opinions and facts". They didn't realize it was actually Ember who was whispering to me what to ask and say because she really really wanted to know stuff, and it ended up Patch doing the same with me.
So it was funny since I would raise my hand, and Andrew would laugh because I wasn't actually suppose to be asking questions, the group who was their participants were. But since they didn't know what to ask, they allowed an open floor.
I also think Ember is trying to push the two of us together for some reason. She always points him out to me, and in informatics, she would call him, and he would smile and wink at me. It is quite weird. But I am nearly sure he does it to every girl. Though he keeps asking when I will go out drinking with them again. He won't let me live it down the ONE time I was drinking with him I vomited and he had to mop it up and give me water. -frowns- It wasn't my fault Gerald wasn't watching me and allowed me to over drink. Seriously, who lets a girl drink 3 bottles of rum by herself without a catcher? That in itself is insanity. I could have gotten drunk. And it will never happen again.

I just got off the phone with my mom. -laughs- Apparently, semi-naked Tina wasn't what she was expecting when I answered. I love my mom so much. She finally booked her ticket here! I am so excited, and worried about it. I always worry when people I care for fly. But excited. She is going to be here on the 23rd. And she said we will stay in the city for a day before we go see Grandma. Meaning I won't get yelled out for being the devil's child....because the devil herself would be there. -laughs- And she is going to confront the woman who is dragging on the drama back in the town.
But I am excited to see my mom, and so glad she decided to come after classes end, unlike last time where she came the final week, so I wasn't able to spend much time with her.
She said she will try to contact Uncle Serge, so we can go to the island he is currently living on, just for a day trip. I am looking forward to it because I been wanting to see that island, forgot the name to it, for years now. My mom left me behind last two times she went there because it was for business purposes, not for enjoyment...though she seemed to have enjoyed it a lot.
It isn't set in stone, so it might not even happen, but I am excited to see her. -smiles-
Today...was a good day. Not a great day since there were bad moments...like almost getting hit by a truck when walking home this evening. And a bird pooping on my shoulder, and of course my pre-freak out about talking to Mam Apale, then my freak out in informatics since I was the only group member present in class.
But it was, over all a good day.
Started out good, ended good. That is all that matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment