Saturday, June 11, 2016

9:48 PM - Saturday Night


Unle Tito, Atie Isang, Awit-wit, and Tado.
-sighs- I wish that there were some things I could prevent.
If I had not stayed up late last night, and woke up during my usual time, I could have told Isang and Awit to stay home because of the black out.
The black out was not just in the city, it was island wide.

What happened?
They got into a crash. Motorcycle an Jeepney. Them being on the motorcycle, and the Jeepney hitting them. The four of them on the one motor. -sighs- Thankfully, so far they are all okay. But none of them are wearing a helmet, and there are no scanners in Duero, so who knows what is going on inside.

I am worried about Yan. Awit, and Isang are her brother and mother. They are the ones who lives with us in the city. If something happens to them she is basically an orphan. So I am hoping everything will be fine.

I wonder if my family got cursed or something. That is what it seems like. Someone is always going in the hospital, usually something minor, and it gets complicated, but then once in a while this comes out of the blue.

Uncle Tito has been the uncle who watched Sara and I grow up here. My mom was always too busy to watch us herself when she was here. So it was either Atie Atie, or Tito. I rely on Tito a lot, to take care of the farm animals, and guard the household there, and watch over grandma since what happened with Epen and Uncle Awit (Isang's husband). Though Epen and I are close, he wasn't around during my childhood, it was only recent. Tito was our go to uncle. He would take us to the rice fields, and let us get all muddy, and put us on the carabao every once in a while. He would bring it down from the mountain, and let Sara and I ride it up the mountain to go to the rice fields. He also taught us how to catch chickens. Not to hurt them, but to catch with our hands, and how to snab dragonflies without hurting them. I have so many memories with him, because he would watch us. He still watches over me, and now Rosie. Whenever I go to check on the trees I planted, he insists to accompany me.
When the multicab broke down while my mom was here, he lead the pack of motorcycles to come and get us and the cab at 1 in the morning!
He is a thin fellow, and didn't serve in any war. But he survived so much. A few years back, when I was in middle school, I remember my mom getting a phone call from here, telling her Tito was in the hospital and he might not make it because he was attacked. Slit neck, and arms, etc. Bloody. But he fought back, and caused more damage to the attackers than what they did to him. They all ended up in the hospital. But that caused everyone to worry. I remember when I saw him after that, he scared me. The scars, and the way his body looked terrified me. I got over that when I saw him smoking. I was a brat at that time, I tossed all his cigs into the river that runs into the ocean. He got mad, but he did say it was that day he stopped smoking. 

Isang, she...she is the left hand to everything. Atie atie is the right now, Isang is the left. She takes care of the apartment, and whatever I need done if I cannot get it done myself. She knows the people my mom goes to for help/advice to get things done. I should know, but I have no real interest in what goes on in between families here, so I only get involved if I need to. It isn't bad, but it does get messy. Though, usually Isang or Atie takes care of it.
I don't have many memories with Isang, she was the Nanny of Rosie, while Atie was the Nanny to Sara and me. But I love joking around that she is Mommy number 2. -smiles- Because she always treats Rosie and I like her kids. If she buys snacks for her two kids, she buys for us too. I buy them stuff, because I like giving things to people. But she always made the apartment feel safer.

Tado, is Jennibie's younger brother.
He is a cousin Rosie is close to, I barely talk to him because of age difference, and we don't run in the same group. Though he is one year younger than Jennibie, He falls in the generation of cousins with Rosie. I get along with that gen, but the other cousins are the ones I grew up with. But I love joking around with him, and cheering him on during his dance competitions...my family is filled with dancers.

Awit is suppose to start high school tomorrow.
He better be okay.
He is the youngest in the apartment. And the smallest.

I just hope everyone is okay. After all they said everyone was okay.
What a night.

Currently listening to:

No comments:

Post a Comment