Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mothers


Many people don't have such a good relationship with their parents. I must say, I am not one of those people. But out of both of my parents I am closer to my mom than my dad. She and I don't always see eye to eye on a lot of things. But when it comes down to fighting, we try and look through each other's eyes. She isn't the normal kind of mother I've seen around where I live.

My mom wouldn't stop me from doing something I want to do. She'll tell me what she thinks about it, and how it could affect me negatively, and most people would stop right there and start telling me off about how my mom is trying to "control" my life. But I don't see it that way. It's her job, more so when I ask her opinion, to tell me what she truly thinks about the subject. I'm her daughter and I've special to her. But will she stop me if I truly wanted to do something against her wishes? No. She wouldn't. She'd be a bit disappointed but she'll support me full on whatever I wanted.

When it comes to having to pick between hanging out with friends, or being told I have to spend time with my family, my mom welcomes my friends to come along as family members. She welcomes all my friends as if they were part of the family. None of my dear friends dislikes her. They love her dearly for they noticed she welcomes new ideas, and money isn't an object to her towards showing people a good time.

If there's one thing I love is her will to spend money. She doesn't waste it. She just doesn't fear having to spend a lot on money on something important to her. And if I truly want something, yet can't afford it, she'll pay for it with questions if I really want it.

I would say most mothers need to be like mine, but I am sure if they were most kids would grow up spoiled. My sisters and I were lucky that we were able to grow up in two different countries, so we were able to see both sides of life. The comfy living all the way to being dirt poor. Having my mom work to the bone not only for us, but for her family overseas since she was a little girl tells me how strong she is both emotionally and physically. She doesn't like the idea of not being able to do something.
She and I both have the same views on life, which most see as a childish dreams, but that's how we are. We look towards the light and keep hoping for the best.

I am happy that the one female in my life I can call a life long best friend is my very own mother.
Until next tim, Ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment