Saturday, October 8, 2016

5:48 PM - Saturday Evening



Okay....I got severely ill this week....AGAIN. That's right. Last week I had a god awful cold, and this week I did as well.
So what happened? Went on that stupid pilgrimage for the school. Forced of course. It was okay, long walking distance, nothing I couldn't handle. Then hung out with my group of friends. All nice and good. We watched "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children". I enjoyed it a lot. Always nice to go out and eat then watch a movie with good friends. After all we had no classes. 
I go home, everything is fine. I go take a nap. Wake up around 4:40, almost 5 pm....freezing, in my room. My air conditioning not running. Apparently I complained to my sister how I was cold and she turned it off hours before I woke up. I go downstairs, I go to the bathroom to do my business. I stumble out, unable to move further I sit at the table and I ask for water because I feel weak. Apparently I was burning up, I told them I was cold not hot, and told them to take my temp if they didn't believe me. 39.8 degrees. That was by 5:30pm. No matter what they did the fever didn't break until 2am.
Now, one may be wondering why I didn't admit myself into the hospital. Simple. I work at the hospital here. I know what the other hospitals here have. They would just give me sponge baths and medicine then check back on me later.
During that time I was also working on my sample thesis and it turned out my friend Jhens was also suffering the same thing I was. But she went to the ER, she couldn't stay hydrated. 
I apparently have more will power than many when it comes to staying out of the hospital. 
Missed school Thursday. Was planning on attending my last two classes that day but my body wouldn't have it. I ended up in a relapse of what happened the night before. Still didn't go to the hospital. 
Turns out my classmate Jhens has intestinal amoebiasis. And that became a concern for everyone who shared food/drinks with her during Wednesday. Only two people gotten sick that day. Jhens. And me. So when she found out, everyone called me to inform me.
I go to the hospital Friday evening. After going to a clinic to get a checkup on myself and get meds to get better. Anyways, I go and give my samples and wait. They force me to drink rehydration salts, thinking I wasn't keeping myself hydrated because I was sweating so much I looked like I just stepped out of the pool no matter how many times my aunt would wipe me down.
Good news. I don't have parasites.
But I suffered horrible abdominal pain, back pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and high fevers for 3 days straight. Which all started from having hyperthermia. -shakes head-
To be put on bed rest. No. I am too busy.
But through all of that, I kept wondering if I would ever speak to him again.
I kept wondering if I told my parents enough times I loved them and was thankful.
I felt like I was dying. And according to everyone I looked like I was dying.
Apparently not having color in my face and not being active really shocks everyone.
Still not 100% better. Still recovering from last week too. But at least I am getting better.
I do hope Jhens feels better soon as well.
I am happy I am not dying just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment