Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Part of Me


So....even though I am still in love with him.
I think I always will be.
I hope he moved on. I hope he is happy.
Not to ever worry about me.
I am slowly moving on.
I may never find a love as intense and overwhelming like him. Nor do I want to. He is my first love. Always will be. And yes, I wish at times he would come back and sweep me off my feet again...but at the same time I want him happy. I don't make him happy. I just complicate his life.
And as much as I want to hold on to him forever, that isn't moving forward. That is staying in the past.
So these past few months, I been reconnecting with my old best friend from high school. A guy. And little by little he is making me feel like I can possibly like someone else beside my first love.
I cried a bit at that thought.
I wanted to be his last love so badly. Get married and become his wife.
But as everyone said. I am not good enough, or compatitable with him.
I will always love him.
I don't know if I will love anyone as much as I did with him. But... I suppose I should at least try to move on. Be selfish and once again shine like the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment